Notices of Privacy Practices

AmeriHealth Caritas Next is committed to complying with all applicable requirements under federal and state law and regulations pertaining to member privacy and confidentiality rights.

When it comes to your health information, you have certain rights.

You have the right to:

  • Get a copy of your health and claims records.
    • You can ask to see or get a copy of your health and claims records and other health information we have about you. Ask us how to do this.
    • We will provide a copy or a summary of your health and claims records, usually within 30 days of your request.
  • Ask us to correct health and claims records.
    • You can ask us to correct your health and claims records if you think they are incorrect or incomplete. Ask us how to do this.
    • We may say "no" to your request, but we'll tell you why in writing within 60 days.
  • Request confidential communication.
    • You can ask us to contact you in a specific way (for example, by home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address.
    • We will consider all reasonable requests, and we must say "yes" if you tell us you would be in danger if we do grant your request.
  • Ask us to limit the information we share.
    • You can ask us not to use or share certain health information for treatment, payment, or our operations.
    • We are not required to agree to your request, and we may say "no" if it would affect your care.
  • Get a list of those with whom we've shared your information.
    • You can ask for a list (called an "accounting") of the times we've shared your health information for six years prior to the date you ask, who we shared it with, and why.
    • We will include all the disclosures except for those about treatment, payment and health care operations, and certain other disclosures (such as any you asked us to make).
  • Get a copy of this privacy notice.
    • You can ask for a paper copy of this notice at any time, even if you have agreed to receive the notice electronically. We will provide you a paper copy promptly.
  • Choose someone to act for you.
    • If you have given someone medical power of attorney or if someone is your legal guardian, that person can act for you and your rights and make choices about your health information.
    • We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for you before we take any action.
  • File a complaint if you believe your privacy rights have been violated.

You can complain if you feel we have violated your rights. Call Member Services at 1-833-999-3567, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.

You can file a complaint with:

We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.