Ways to Pay
AmeriHealth Caritas Next offers you a few convenient ways to pay your health insurance bill.
Make your payment online through Softheon:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina (First ChoiceSM Next)
After logging in, you can view your monthly premium and current balance. You can pay your monthly premium, balance, or make a partial payment.
Pay your bill with either a credit or debit card or through a withdrawal from your personal bank checking account. After you make a payment, you will receive a transaction confirmation number. It may take up to six days for your payment to reflect in your account.
Pay by phone
AmeriHealth Caritas Next members can pay by phone in two ways:
- Call your Member Services department and press the prompt for making a payment. A Member Services representative will then transfer you to Softheon to pay on the phone. Visit our Contact Us page to get the phone number of your Member Services team.
- Call Softeon directly. This phone line is available 24 hours, seven days a week for you to make a payment at a time convenient for you.
- Confirm your account by providing your subscriber identification number, ZIP code, or other personal information.
- After you confirm your information, press the prompt for “make a payment” and select your language (English or Spanish).
- You can hear about your balance amount and pay the monthly premium, full balance, or make a partial payment.
- After you provide credit or debit card or checking account payment information, you will be informed of payment success or failure and will hear a transaction number for your records.
- Payments may take up to six business days to process.
Mail a check
You can also make a payment by mailing a check. Download a printable bill from Softheon or detach the “Return This With Payment” portion of the bill you received via mail and include it in your envelope with your check.
Make your check payable to your plan name (for example, AmeriHealth Caritas Next or First Choice Next).
If you have any questions about making a payment, contact your state plan’s Member Services team.