Ongoing educational opportunities
Provider orientation training
Our provider educational materials can assist you in providing care to our members. We are committed to ensuring that all participating providers are compliant with AmeriHealth Caritas Next standards and federal and state regulations.
AmeriHealth Caritas Next is pleased to invite providers to learn more about our company and our AmeriHealth Caritas Next individual and family health plans offered both on and off the Exchange. If you are interested in attending a training session about any of the topics below, please call Provider Services at 1-833-301-3377.
The provider orientation provides general information about the company and how to submit claims, select payment options, obtain prior authorizations, and much more.
Cultural awareness and responsiveness training
Providers are encouraged to complete the free eLearning cultural competency training offered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Minority Health, which is entitled “A Physician's Practical Guide to Culturally Competent Care.” This training offers up to nine continuing education units (CEUs) and can be accessed at: https://cccm.thinkculturalhealth.hhs.gov/.
Check back on this provider training page for additional cultural awareness and responsiveness resources and training, including continuing medical education (CME) offerings.
- Health Resources & Services Administration: Culture, Language, and Health Literacy
- National Institutes of Health: Clear Communication
- The Health Literacy & Plain Language Resource Guide (PDF), by Health & Literacy Innovations
- The Fenway Institute: The National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center
- Do Ask, Do Tell — LGBT People: An Overview
- Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health – Cultural and Linguistic Competency
- National Center for Cultural Competence
National Imaging Associates (NIA) education webinars
AmeriHealth Caritas Next and NIA welcome providers to attend an upcoming provider educational session on the NIA Medical Specialty Solutions Program. There will be several one-hour long webinar sessions that will take place on the following dates. You will only need to attend one of these educational sessions. Please see the NIA provider notice (PDF) for how to register and to obtain educational materials.
- Friday, December 16, 2022 | 8:00 AM EST
- Register at the following address: https://magellanhealth.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0ofu-qrT0iGNZUlQ49zEbVEIcibROn9j1Y
- Tuesday, December 20, 2022 | 12:00 PM EST
- Register at the following address: https://magellanhealth.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0pceqqqTwrGdAP0Kv6IGQkFFOdNI1L4yjz
- Friday, January 20, 2023 | 12:00 PM EST
- Register at the following address: https://magellanhealth.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYofumppzkuG9RZgt6eorczmT9eAYBfxq4s
It is recommended but not mandatory that you RSVP at least one week prior to the training that you plan to attend by registering for one of the education sessions above. You can either click on the registration link or type the URL address into your browser to register.